Tracking

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Pillow Covers

I have been wanting to purchase new pillows for my couches, they are in dire need of some color. Well all the pillows I loved (especially Pier 1) where out of this stay-at-home mom's budget. So I decided to make my own.

Something inside of my was stirred to work with my hands and create when I had Payton. I have heard that a woman is most creative after having a child, not sure how creative I will ever get, but this is my first home made project. My mother-in-law has generously let me borrow her sewing machine for the time being. I got the manual out and figured out how to thread the machine and figured I could teach myself to sew straight lines.

I found this great tutorial on how to make covers for throw pillows. I went to Hancock Fabrics and found a great fabric %60 off, I paid under $5 a yard. The novice in me got way too much material. The inside of the pillows aren't pretty, but luckily those aren't seen when you are done. Here are the pictures of the couch before and after the pillows! I do have to say that I am proud of myself :) Maybe I will do some different ones for different seasons.






4 comments:

  1. Nice job! Now you can try some of those with the shell button flaps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go girl!! I am way impressed and inspired to begin my sewing lessons...wish I were there to learn along side you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very impressed. I started this way and kind of taught myself to sew also. The pillows look great.

    ReplyDelete