Tracking

Monday, May 17, 2010

Team Southards is adding a new player!



Yes we are expecting! Payton is going to be a BIG SISTER!

Yesterday we went to the Dr for our initial visit and ultrasound. We didn't have an early ultrasound with Payton, so it was so cool to see that little being inside of me with the heart pumping away! I thought I was about 10 weeks, but according to the ultrasound, looks like I am 8.5 weeks, which puts my due date Christmas Eve!!!!! I know due dates are relative as Payton had no regard for hers, but I thought we were lucky to miss having a Christmas baby with Payton. I have learned that I am fertile, and if we don't want to be pregnant, take precautions! We got pregnant the first month I stopped breastfeeding and we weren't trying. Next baby will have better timing. Trust the Lord had this baby planned out perfectly for His plan though :)

I have been very very sick the last 3 weeks with nausea and fatigue. I did not have it nearly this bad with Payton. There have been days that I can barely pull myself off the couch. The house is a mess, dishes pile up, dinners are not cooked. Steve has felt the effects of my sickness too. We know this will pass, I am going to start taking some medicine this week for the nausea. We are very excited, but I will probably experience more joy once the sickness passes. I would ask for your prayers, as I am not myself and this has been hard on all of Team Southards. I really wanted 4 kids, but after this pregnancy I am not sure if I can do this 2 more times. For some reason I am really stuck on having more than 2, so I might do this one more time around for 3 kiddos. I know the gift at the end is well worth it, and this too shall pass. (Trying to stay positive).

4 comments:

  1. Oh Erin, I'm so sorry to hear that. I remember how horrible that feeling is and it's so much worse than the flu because the flu is a few days and morning sickness can last months. I have been praying and will continue to do so. Don't forget in a few months you will feel good as new and won't even remember what it felt like to be sick. (Hopefully you won't remember) :) Let me know if there is anything I can do to help! (100% serious)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I will be praying for your family and Payton! I've been reading your blog, and I am in love with Payton. I am a Child Development and Early Childhood Education major so I enjoy watching her grow and, of course, hearing all the stories from you Erin. From what I have read about Payton, I am sure she will be a wonderful big sister like Ashley was and is to me! I can't wait to read about Team Southards throughout the pregnancy. God Bless!
    -Baily Jones

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, Please let me know if I can do anything. I would be happy to watch Payton so you could get some extra rest. Just let me know. congratulations, Hope you are feeling better soon!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited for you. Payton will be such a sweet big sister. :-) I hope you start feeling a little better soon. I got pregnant with Harper as soon as I stopped nursing Handley. Funny how that works. Originally I was not "planning" for them to be so close in age, but now I absolutely LOVE it and wouldn't have it any other way. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete