Tracking

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day

Team Southards had a nice Memorial Day. I spent a few hours in the morning having some much appreciated Erin time, while Steve and Payton headed to the park to explore the slides that she can't seem to get enough of right now.

Mid-afternoon I planted a few more tomato plants my in-laws gave to me while we were at the lake. Payton helped....well kinda. I had a sprinkler going for her but she was much more interested in the dirt. She loves dirt! She had her preppy pink and white Ralph Lauren swimsuit on and she was anything but clean, but oh so cute! Here is a shot of her right before I stripped her down and gave her a mini bath in a bucket outside.



Caught in the middle of the action, right after this shot she tried to eat the dirt!



Helping momma



During my morning outing I had to stop at Target for a few items. I don't know if I have ever "just run in" to Target. I seem to find myself checking every clearance section in the store, that is how I score amazing deals! My deal this day came out of the little girls section. I have loved the London of Liberty line that Target carried early spring. Since everything goes on sale at Target, I decided to check back when the clothes were on sale. I never found anything I liked in the women's section. I had seen some cute dresses in the little girls and on my way out of the store I stopped in the little girl's clearance to find this dress waiting with my name and a $4.24 price tag on it! So this XL girls dress came home with me and I was thrilled that it fit. The most exciting part is it has pockets! I love dresses with pockets, especially ones under $5!



While I was gone in the morning Steve managed to hang his 4 European mounts from his deer this year. Yes all 4 from this past hunting season. Our basement, which is the man cave, is filling up more and more with dead animals! It is his place, and I am glad we have an agreed upon space in our home that he can display his trophies and his proud accomplishments (and it isn't when you immediately walk through our front door).





We had a cookout with friends from our community group. Had a great time catching up since we haven't seen each other in a few weeks. Our group takes the summer off from meeting regularly, and enjoy some social time throughout the summer. I didn't snap any pictures, as I was enjoying time with friends. Hope you all had a great day!

1 comment: