Tracking

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Free Bathroom Makeover

#15 on my "30 before Thirty" list was to Paint and decorate my 1/2 bathroom.  My budget for this project was $0. That means I could probably find $20 from my slush fund (Steve and I each have slush fund money each month for non essentials) to find a few things. I went back and forth on a few things, and when it was all said and done, I spent zero, zilch, nada, nothing.

Before

Almost all old decorations are free from my husbands dumpster diving days

I had decided to use the leftover paint from Colton's nursery

I had in mind to accent with a fuchsia or yellow. If money wasn't an issue, I would have gone with a bold yellow geometric pattern rug and new accessories. I would have also painted the vanity and cabinet white, but since we do not own the home yet, I didn't want to paint the wood.  I had found some fuchsia rugs and towels at Target months ago, but when I put them in the newly painted room, I didn't like the look at all. So I pretty much put all the same items back in, while switching up a few accessories from other parts of the home. 

After   

It is amazing what paint by itself can do. I also removed the towel bar, since for a 1/2 bath, there is no need for a large towel to be hanging, and I felt like it opened up the room a little.


To be honest, I guess I did spend $2 on this makeover. My in-laws and I went to an estate sale last weekend and I picked up two pieces of coral reef for $2 each. Forget pottery barn's $40 coral reef! My apologies, this bathroom was a $2 makeover



Erin!

1 comment: