Tracking

Monday, April 23, 2012

Good Genes


See those 2 beautiful women, I am blessed to be in their gene pool. My beautiful grandma is 90 years old and doesn't look a day over 70 :) My mom is in her upper 50's (I will try to be a little discrete for you mom) and doesn't look a day over 40. They have both aged so gracefully and welcome each birthday, never worrying about the number. Maybe that is part of the reason I was excited to turn 30 a few months ago.

Today my parents took my grandma to Disney, tonight my family lands in Orlando. Steve and I have a conference this week, then Saturday the whole Wiens clan heads to the beach for 1 week. It is one of my favorite weeks of the whole year. Since I live half-way across the country from my parents and brother's families, I cherish our time we are all together under one roof. This year Grandma gets to come with us, which I am so thankful for because at the ripe age of 90, her summers are getting limited. We head to the beach as a family every summer (this is the 4th annual Wiens family beach vaca) we are going a little earlier this year and hopefully the island will be a little quieter too. So if you don't hear much from me for awhile, I will be enjoying family and Florida's sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment