Tracking

Monday, October 29, 2012

Oh Pregnancy - 6 months

24 weeks

We are starting month 6 in this pregnancy. This one has been my hardest pregnancy yet. I actually told Steve the other night "mark my words I do not want to go through this again, 3 is a great number of kids for us."

During previous pregnancies once I hit mid-teens I usually felt really good. I remember getting a little nauseous with Payton in my late teens, but I was mostly smooth sailing until the end of pregnancy discomfort of being big set in.

The last 24 weeks have been some of the hardest times I have physically and hormonally gone through. I wrote HERE at the end of my first trimester how hard it had been for me, and I was hoping for better days. Well the better days have been so minimal, the tough ones have stuck around a lot longer than I hoped.

I am not a women who has loved being pregnant during any of my pregnancies. This pregnancy has gone from first trimester yuck to hormone-over-load-can't-tell-you-why-I-cry-and-feel-overwhelmed-about-everything to complete exhaustion to the last few weeks of such pain in my body I feel like I am 38 weeks pregnant and should pop any day.

I felt like as soon as I got over the first trimester yuck, the hormones took over, then those subsided and complete exhaustion hit me, then as soon as I felt a little energy back, my body completely aches and hurts to move at all. I have been seeing a chiropractor and he is so wonderful, really trying to figure out the pain (mostly lower back) and the last few days I have felt some reprieve. 

I feel like I have become a negative-nelly which I hate. I have wanted to be real and let people know I don't have it all together and I am having a hard time handling this, but yesterday it hit me, I am tired of being in this rut. I am tired of telling people I hurt and I am over this pregnancy. I did calculate the other day that I have been pregnant 9 of the last 13 months, no wonder I am ready to be done. 

BUT today I have decided to make a change. I am choosing to be positive. I am tired of being negative, I am choosing to use positive words associated with this pregnancy. I really believe in the power of positive words and thoughts. I am choosing to be productive, even when I feel life sitting in my rear and staring at nothing. I have been debbie-downer and sittin-sally for 6 months, I am over it. This most likely will be my last pregnancy, so I want to have some fond memories of it, if they are not coming naturally, I will look hard for them. So here it is to a great last few months of my pregnancy. I know my husband and dear friend Hilary who both hear me whine the most will enjoy the change. My kids will probably notice too, but most importantly, I want to be more myself and enjoy myself.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you've had a rough go around! You still look as cute as ever {if that helps at all!} :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain! I'm 40 weeks and overdue! This is my 2nd and it's been pretty miserable. I'm Soooo emotional! Good news I'll be induced tomorrow evening. Good luck to you! As they all say, it's all worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda (Anderson) LeggateOctober 29, 2012 at 3:53 PM

    Hey girl! I haven't talked to you in FOREVER! I am right there with you too. I am 32 weeks pregnant and been on nausea meds the entire time. I have back problems as it is so I feel you! I hope it gets better soon. I'm having another girl. I'm sure you listed it in another blog but what are you having? Blessings to you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you haven't been feeling well, but like you said, knowing this might be your last time being pregnant try to enjoy it and savor the little things like the feeling of having a baby move inside you. What a miracle! When I was feeling uncomfortable or exhausted from being pregnant and keeping up with two other small children I would remind myself of the women I knew (and those that I didn't) who would give ANYTHING to be in my position...to have two healthy children with another on the way. Those who long for children of their own, but just can't get (or stay) pregnant no matter how many different doctors they visit or how many times they try. That would quickly turn my outlook around and make me grateful to be in the position I was in. Hope your positive attitude helps turn your spirits around. One thing is for sure...you look SO good!!!

    ReplyDelete