I love 3-year-olds.
I love how their minds are putting things together and exploring the world around them.
They become little people and conversations can become so robust.
They say the funniest things and words as they are figuring out vocabulary.
Colton is so much fun most of the time.
He has the silliest personality and loves to make people laugh.
He usually has a big grin on his face.
He is already a story teller and wants people's attention and loves to make people laugh.
He is a ball of energy.
He is active and passionate.
He is also amazing destructive and sometimes drives me crazy.
The picture on the left is just an example of his self expression through tattooing himself up. This is how Steve found him after nap one day. He had just woken up, hence the drugged looking face, and his pillow case was covered in blue. We keep taking markers and hiding them and he is a pro at finding ones sister has used and left around the house. Unfortunately he has colored himself like this many times.
Just this week this wonderful 3-year-old has explored the world around him by:
- Tested gravity by throwing my iPad off our second story balcony (gravity won and shattered the iPad) * note - the iPad was deliberately placed high on a dresser, but he got a stool and climbed up to reach it. ** 2nd note - he threw my nice camera and brand new lens over the same balcony a year ago (his college fund is dwindling with repair costs)
- Ran away twice from me at church, one time finding himself in the parking lot and our church is on a very busy street, second time he was running laps in the dark basement without a care in the world. Let me tell you that this momma cared. So if you see him holding my hand and not running around with the other kids this week, you will know why.
- Tested his artistic abilities by decorating his sisters sheets with a pen (markers are all up too high)
- Most meals he considers cause and effect as he pours his drink or food all over the place, or mixes food and drink together or uses his fist to smash whatever food he can. He is getting quite experienced at cleaning up.
- Passionate, EVERY SINGLE RESPONSE IS PASSIONATE
This boy drives me wild and crazy all at the same time.