Tracking

Sunday, March 11, 2012

That kind of day

If you read my post yesterday you know that I haven't been feeling well, emotionally and physically. This morning, still not feeling well, 2 whiny children, I was hurrying to get out of the house to church on time. When you are married to the Pastor, you are on your own every Sunday morning.

As we are walking in to church, right before we hit the door, Payton says, "Mommy why do you have 2 different shoes on?"



That my child is a great question, one I wish she would have asked when we were at home and I could have changed. I considered driving home (almost 30 min round trip) but decided it wasn't worth it. I had thrown both shoes on to decide which one to wear, and forgot to change my shoes as my mind was everywhere else this morning.

So this morning when the wonderful people of our congregation, who know that I haven't been feeling well, would ask me how I was doing, I would tell them to check out my shoes, that is how life is for me right now. A mess, I don't have it together and all I can do is laugh about it.

2 comments:

  1. I thought you looked beautiful and it was a wonderful fashion statement! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both shoes are cute! :) We're all a mess at times. Prayers continue for you.

    ReplyDelete