Tracking

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Baby Girl Nursery

One of the exciting things about having a girl is that I have a reason to redecorate the nursery. If it was a boy, I would have stayed with the same decor that Colton has. I knew when I painted those walls navy that no matter if we had a girl next, the navy was staying.

This is Colton's room





That was actually his room when he came home, it has been adjusted some as he has gotten older and I have had to make some things safer.

My new favorite colors right now are Navy and Bright Pink/Fuchsia. A sweet lady from church is making this little girl a baby quilt and wanted colors. I knew immediately I wanted the navy/pink combo, but wanted one more color for a fun mix. I went with a light turquoise. 

I was about tickled that when I started looking on pinterest for navy/pink combo and room ideas, the most popular color added was turquoise. I was on to something. I didn't find rooms with the colors, but check out these 2 outfits.



These pictures convinced me to add a little gold to the room too. I have a great gold mirror that might replace the brown one now (I was just going to spray paint it pink, but the fancy gold might be a nice touch).

Since I have the navy walls and white furniture to work with, I am just on the hunt for some good bedding (actually fabric to make my own dust ruffle and curtains), rug and fun accessories!

By the way, I am referring to this baby as baby girl, not because we are keeping the name secret, but because we do not have a name yet. I have a favorite in mine, but Steve hasn't agreed to it yet but hasn't found anything he likes better. We will take any suggestions. Both Payton and Colton end with a "N" (actually they both have "ton") and the boys name we had picked out ends the same way, but I am having a hard time finding a girls name that I like that ends with a "N." I am not stuck on having it that way, but I do like 2 syllable names. I know weird quirks :)

1 comment:

  1. Navy & Fuchsia is a great color combo if I have to say so myself (our wedding colors, with pops of lime green)! It will look great with turquoise & gold accesories as well. I can't wait to see the finished nursery!

    ReplyDelete