Tracking

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pregnancy Details


For those few of you who care (and for my memory sake) here are the details of this pregnancy so far. If you read my blog you might remember THIS post about thinking I was pregnant. I had all the symptoms and signs. I had blood taken by my family doctor and it was completely negative, like I couldn't have even conceived yet since my hormone levels were so low.

That was late September that my blood was taken. Fast forward to Halloween (Oct. 31st) and as I was sitting in my Monday morning Bible study listen to Beth Moore preach it,  I realized the pants I was wearing were really tight and digging into my belly. These same pants fit fine a month ago. I had continued to experience nausea and hadn't had my period, but up until this point, I figured my body was just thrown off, after all, I was still breastfeeding, isn't that supposed to prevent pregnancy? After the tight pants episode, I went home and took a pregnancy test... POSITIVE. So I did what many women do, I took another.... POSITIVE!

It was surreal, since I had just experienced thinking I was pregnant to find out I wasn't. I went to the Dr the next day for blood work, just to confirm that the 2 at home positive results were not in error. NOPE, sure enough, prego. The question was "how far along?" I had to wait almost a month to see my doctor. With the holidays and him away at a few conferences, the wait felt like forever. 

Finally Tuesday September 29th, my doctor confirmed the pregnancy with an ultrasound and a beautiful picture of a healthy baby. We saw a great heartbeat and I was relieved. I was more anxious about this pregnancy then the other 2 with the weird situation surrounding it. I was 10 weeks 1 day at the ultrasound, making my due date June 25.  To be as far along as I was, I must have conceived within days of my original blood work. Steve and I laugh because I don't recall too much intimacy during that time since I felt absolutely terrible. I guess it only takes once :)

We got pregnant with Buster the month I weaned Sister. So in our minds, breastfeeding worked as birth control for us. The Lord had other plans. I am still breastfeeding and thankful that I am healthy enough to. Buster is 1-year-old next week, but I plan on breastfeeding a few more months as long as he is up for it and my body can handle it. I have read that often the taste of the breast milk changes at month 4 or 5 of the pregnancy and some babies wean themselves. Little man sure likes the boobies, so we will see about that. I really only breastfeed longer than a year because both of my babies have been winter babies and the extra few months can really help keep them healthy in the winter. He will be down to only morning and night feedings in the next month or so. 

I am thankful that I feel better with this pregnancy than either of the other two. It is hard to remember Sister's, but I haven't forgotten Buster's. I was knocked out sick, on zofran, wanting to quit life all together. I have nausea and fatigue, but it is manageable. I am able to go and do mostly everything I need to. I still whine to Steve as I really don't like being nausea at all. Instead of rough days, I have rough moments of the day. Usually 10am and 2pm, between meals. I literally eat all day long to somewhat satisfy my stomach. I usually gain the majority of my pregnancy weight the first trimester as I just eat non-stop. It is usually healthy, but that many extra calories add up, but it is the only thing that makes me feel a little better. Good news with breastfeeding is that I have barely gained any weight and I eat all the time, just an extra perk of supporting 2 babies at once :)

To prepare myself for what is ahead, here are pictures of the end of both pregnancy's.

38 weeks with Buster (He was born 1 week later)

38.5 weeks with sister (I went almost another month, 2 weeks over my due date)
I am currently 11 weeks and have a little pouch. A few women from church shared with me that they suspected I was pregnant because of belly already showing. Round 3 and this close to round 2, it happens. I can still wear most of my jeans but I have already had to resort to the rubber band method. 

I haven't taken any pictures of myself, I am kinda running around crazy this week as we are hosting a large open house in our home Friday night. I am looking forward to it, but it is the largest party I have hosted on my own, needless to say my list is long this week, so maybe next week after our 2nd Christmas party we are hosting (for the church leadership staff) I will take some pictures of myself and the kids and start posting more regularly. I will be leaving my first trimester next week so I am hoping to leave the yuckies behind.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats, Erin & Steve!! And for the record, June 25 is my birthday and I'm happy to tell you it's the best birthday of the year -- exactly 6 months from Christmas!! :)

    So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still just sooo excited that you're pregnant again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! So excited for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun story. Your intuition was right! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing such wonderful news! I hope I can be as positive as you when I get to be a mommy [someday]. Merry Christmas from the Ellebrechts!

    ReplyDelete