Tracking

Monday, April 14, 2014

Creative outlet

I do not consider myself to be artistic. But I do love a fun project every now and then. It seems like it has been awhile since I have done a fun project and I needed a little outlet. 

About a year ago I found this adorable hand painted bangle. Unfortunately it was $60. I do not trust myself enough to paint letters onto anything so I just kept the idea in the back of my mind. I did but a wooden bangle from Hobby Lobby for a couple dollars in preparation for doing something similar. 

A few weeks ago I ordered a monogrammed sticker kit off Groopdealz for my iphone. It had 2 circle monogrammed circles and one strip that was meant for wrapping around your iphone charger that goes into the wall. Knowing I have no need to add a monogram to my charger (but really wanted one for my iphone case) a light bulb went on.

I got out my wooden bangle, my paint, my sticker and about $8 later


It isn't perfect but my goodness it is going on my arm and not a museum so it doesn't have to be. The inside is a great gold paint color that it actually used for model cars (called Testors and you can find at Michaels for cheap). I started looking around my house to find what else I could add a little gold to :) So I got my fix for projects for a bit.




1 comment:

  1. Wow! It's beautiful. The colors are great.

    ReplyDelete