Tracking

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Fabric Headboard

I have been wanting to make a headboard for our guest room. We used to have this room completely decorated, but I decided I was tired of gold and red, so I sold the bedding and all the decorations at a great local furniture consignment store. If you are in Olathe, I would suggest checking the store out. I have gotten to know the owner Kathy, and love her. Check their website our HERE. Since then, the room has been soooo boring. I have been waiting to move our bedding from out master room over until we get our king size bed. Well, tired of waiting, I finally decided to make the headboard today and move the bedding over. Still want to paint the walls, not sure what color yet. The fabric was leftover from the pillows I made for the couch (I did a terrible job estimating the amount I needed). The project was under an hour, a good start to the change!




Boring room!!!!



A website suggested an egg mattress instead of batting, much cheaper!



Stapled the batting on (the twin size was too short, but since I am not a perfectionist, the bottom is behind the bed anyways)



Fabric Stapled on



Bedding from our room with headboard.



Still need to mount the headboard to raise it higher.

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome Erin...We have been looking for a headboard for our room for a while now and I'm going to try this. It's way cuter than anything I've looked at! Thank you for the idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you getting all crafty. You did a good job!

    ReplyDelete