I have been wanting to make a headboard for our guest room. We used to have this room completely decorated, but I decided I was tired of gold and red, so I sold the bedding and all the decorations at a great local furniture consignment store. If you are in Olathe, I would suggest checking the store out. I have gotten to know the owner Kathy, and love her. Check their website our
HERE. Since then, the room has been soooo boring. I have been waiting to move our bedding from out master room over until we get our king size bed. Well, tired of waiting, I finally decided to make the headboard today and move the bedding over. Still want to paint the walls, not sure what color yet. The fabric was leftover from the pillows I made for the couch (I did a terrible job estimating the amount I needed). The project was under an hour, a good start to the change!

Boring room!!!!

A website suggested an egg mattress instead of batting, much cheaper!

Stapled the batting on (the twin size was too short, but since I am not a perfectionist, the bottom is behind the bed anyways)

Fabric Stapled on

Bedding from our room with headboard.

Still need to mount the headboard to raise it higher.
This is awesome Erin...We have been looking for a headboard for our room for a while now and I'm going to try this. It's way cuter than anything I've looked at! Thank you for the idea! :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLook at you getting all crafty. You did a good job!
ReplyDelete