Tracking

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas to me!

I have been wanting a sewing machine for a few years now. I am not planning on becoming a sewing goddess, but want it for simple decorating projects and cute little clothes for Payton and kids to come. My mother-in-law has been very kind to let me borrow her sewing machine that is all spiffy and in a table. That is what I had made the pillow covers with. Well I have been having troubles with that machine, probably user error, and eventually she will need it back, so I have been keeping my eye out for a deal. I found one. Jo Ann's has their singer machines on sale right now. This one was a little nicer then I planned on getting but it was only $10 more expensive than the step down. I know many of my friends get tired of my deals, but here is another one. This bad boy retails for $399 and I got it for $199. That is right, 1/2 off. That is not common for sewing machines, believe me, I have been keeping my eye out. Jo Ann's had sold out of this model, so I had to order one and it should be in in a few weeks. I have saved up some money from selling decorations at a local consignment shop and I am hoping for some Christmas gift $ to make up the rest.

One nice thing about buying it from Jo Ann's is that a sewing class comes with the purchase. I take my machine in and as the nice sales lady said, "have some quality bonding with my machine." Look forward for some projects to come your way!

1 comment: