Tracking

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Peace



Right now I am walking the through the Study "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore. This study originally came out 10 years ago, but Beth has recently updated it. I am doing this study with some girls from church and am really enjoying it. Beth Moore does a great job of getting you in the word and bringing the word alive.

Today's topic was to experience God's peace. I believe that is such an amazing benefit of personally knowing Christ. Knowing his peace doesn't mean we don't have any problems in our lives, but it does mean we can experience peace throughout our pain. There was a list of scriptures in Isaiah we looked up, but one really stuck out to me.

Isaiah 54:10
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the Lord who has compassion on you.

What an amazing promise. Even if we feel like everything is falling down around us, God offers peace to us. For those who have received him, and bow our knees before him, he offers peace. In my short life I don't think I have experienced mountains shaking and hills being removed, but I am a breathing entity, so I know that life on this earth will bring challenges, I pray that when I feel like everything around me is falling apart, that I can bow my knee to the One who is in control and experience indescribable peace.

In my words, to experience God's peace is to stay calm in the storms of life, because you are intimately connected to the one who can either calm the storm or bring you through it safely.

For those of you who don't experience this peace, I would challenge you to seek the One who provides it.

No comments:

Post a Comment