Tracking

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Month 8

I can't believe that I am in month 8 of this pregnancy. Actually this Friday I am 8.5 months!  It has gone very quickly.  Some women love being prego, I do not fall into this category.  Overall, I have a pretty healthy pregnancy. Sick the first trimester, heartburn the last, but otherwise not too much to complain about. I know women have it much worse and reason to complain.

I am really entering the stage that I don't like because I am limited. I have had back pain this pregnancy more than with Payton. My back had felt pretty good (while in Portland) but started hurting Wednesday when  I got home. I had worked out that morning and I thought maybe that was it. Then I realized on Wednesday I also carried a 25 pound sick child around most of the day, pulled dead flowers out of our flower bed, painted a dresser, 2 small tables and 6 small chairs. And on Sunday I slipped and fell at church, right on the hard floor, what a sight to see people running to pick me up.

Those all could be reasons the back hurt. But those are the reasons I don't like being pregnant, I can't do what I am used to. I don't feel like I go crazy running around all the time in life, but when I am limited to what I can physically do, I get frustrated.  I can't lean over and get things, I can't hug my husband closely, I can't get up off the floor easily.

I do not want to sound like a whiner. I am so thankful for the life inside of me. I love feeling this little guy move all the time!  The Dr wants me to count his kicks to make sure he kicks at least 3 times in 1 hour. That is no problemo, he moves 3 times in 1 minute. I am excited to meet this little guy and get to know him and see how personality develops.

Here are a few pictures taken about a week ago. I have been busy doing so much stuff that I haven't had time to sit and write, so the picture is a little old and we are definitely not wearing short sleeves and flip flops this week in Kansas. The weather has gotten much cooler. 



People are quick to say "you are all belly" which is very kind of them to say. I am mostly belly, I know other places have filled out too, but that is part of the process and things go back. The fact that I carry mostly out front does put a lot of pressure on my pelvic bone. I feel like I have a constant bruise down there. I am still working out a few early mornings a week with my girlfriends, but my routines have changed. This morning I tried to do a reverse crunch, and there wasn't any space left to crunch up. Push-ups are a little easier because I can't go down very far before the belly hits the floor. I am hoping the fact that I have stayed more active with this pregnancy pays off. Getting up at 5am, tired and cold better have payoffs either in delivery or in post-delivery recovery!

I have gained 24 pounds already and supposedly I will gain about 1 pound a week from here on out. I gained a total of 35 with Payton, so I will probably be pretty close to that. I visit the Dr again today (I have started going every 2 weeks now) so we will see how much that has changed. I might have more updates after our appointment.

Erin!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your back pain, but you really do look great. I miss the feeling of having a baby kick inside me to enjoy these last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great Erin! I had a lot of the same symptoms you're having now at the end of my pregnancy with Zeke. It's so tough to be pregnant, it really is. I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete