Tracking

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

New every morning


This is the sky I saw the other morning as I opened my front curtains. I was blown away by the beauty.  God is the creator of beauty, of color, of contrast, of clouds, of the sun, of everything.  The cool thing I pondered on that morning is that God see's us humans as the most beautiful thing he created. How many of us need that reminder today, that we are made perfect, for his purpose with astounding beauty.

In my quiet time this morning I was brought to Lamentations 3:22-23:

22 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
   for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
   great is your faithfulness.

My mind went back to the sunrise and what a fresh start we have every morning. No matter what the day before held, today is new and we get a do over. No matter if I lost my patience with my almost 2-year old daughter who loves to say NO NO NO, or I snapped at my husband for living up to "my expectations," or I grumbled and complained about something now meaningless, I have today to start over.

Right now in life every morning also brings the wonder if today will be the day we meet little man.  We are down to about 1 week (if he doesn't come on his own before next Thursday we will be induced).  Anyone who has been pregnant understands those last few weeks how everyday you wonder if this is THE DAY! 

This morning I rest in today, I rest in my God who supplies all my needs, my God who has blessed my life abundantly, my God who desires for me to know him and walk intimately with him. 
Erin!

No comments:

Post a Comment