Tracking

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Nursery Breakdown

Here is the breakdown of costs:

Paint: $30 (color is BM Newbury Port matched in Valspar paint, got from PB magazine, turned out more navy in real life, thought it would have more gray undertones)
Pottery Barn Nov 2010
Rug; $30 (real sheepskin from a garage sale, it is unbelievably soft, a treat to my bare feet)
Owls/Decorating items: Total $30 (from Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Goodwill, Garage Sales) 
Giraffe Throw: $20 Homegoods
Baskets: $15 Michaels
Changing Pad covers: $12 Homegoods (have a white one too)
Sheets: $8 Target

Clock: $1 (Kohls, on sale and used $10 coupon)
Wall Art: $0.60 (had frames and used scrapbook paper for design)
Antlers: Free (that is a benefit of marrying a hunter and having a brother-in-law who hunts as well)


TOTAL - $146.60

I have $80 in the dresser (purchased for $70 and $10 of paint) but I had sold a dresser at a furniture consignment store for much more than that and bought this dresser from the same store. Since I didn't have any costs out of pocket (I actually made money) I didn't include that in budget for the room.

Items I already owned:
Crib
Recliner
Lamp
Wall frames
Bookshelf
Wall shelves
Fabric for bedding (came off an old fabric headboard I had made)
Side table (was in the man cave, got a pair from a garage sale, they are about 100 years old)
Large Mirror


Dresser from local furniture consignment shop

After priming and 5 coats of white paint, painted the hardware gray, loved the lines of this dresser

Had vase and filler, Owls from Homegoods, license plate was on my car, frame from Hobby Lobby and scrapbook paper inside frame

Orange frame from Target, artwork $1 from garage purchased for frame, ended up leaving picture inside, owls on shelves from Michaels and Goodwill

Table about 100 years old from garage sale, friend made owl frame

Chair was hand-me down from in-laws, throw from Homegoods

I love my real sheepskin rug from a garage sale, bedding is off old fabric headboard that I recovered

Fabric came from this headboard (Hancock Fabrics) that I made over a year ago and recovered for Payton's big girl room. Orange is a very hard color to find. Ended up saving money not having to purchase fabric. I did get a white mesh bumper pad for when he starts rolling and moving. 

That is the breakdown of the room. I am so pleased, especially with the cheap price tag, that makes it all the better! 

6 comments:

  1. It looks great and I'm so impressed with your decorating on a dime. You could be in that HGTV show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....absolutely beautiful. Can you tell me the model of the crib and where you found it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mara for your sweet comment, I hope you read this as I haven't spent the time to figure out how to reply to comments. The crib was a hand-me-down and unfortunately I have no idea where it came from or a model number. Sorry to be no help :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. What color paint is on the walls in the nursery? Love that dark blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Elizabeth - The color is BM Newbury Port and I color matched in a Valspar paint, it really is a great navy color. I have actually updated the room for my baby girl now with Turquoise and Bright pink with navy and it works so well.

      Delete