Tracking

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Amazingly easy and yummy Key Lime Pie

We are hosting a dinner meeting at our home tonight, food is being catered so I offered to do homemade dessert. I wanted to find a good summer dessert and thought of Key Lime Pie. We are having BBQ for dinner, I thought that would be refreshing afterwards. I found a recipe on Allrecipes that was super easy and had great reviews. While making it I discovered the sweet pleasing flavor of sweetened condensed milk. I recently read a recipe on Pioneer Woman for iced coffee that called for Sweetened condensed milk and I wonder how that could be good in coffee, that was my ignorance speaking. I made up the filling and literally licked the mixing bowl dry. I probably didn't even need to wash it, except my germs were all over it.  I plan on making this at our beach vacation later this month with my family.  Hope you enjoy!




Ingredients

  • 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
  • 3 cups sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 3/4 cup key lime juice (I found this in the juice isle)
  • 1 tablespoon grated lime zest

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and lime rind. Mix well and pour into graham cracker crust.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes, until tiny pinhole bubbles burst on the surface of pie. DO NOT BROWN! Chill pie thoroughly before serving. Garnish with lime slices and whipped cream if desired.

WARNING - YOU DO NOT WANT TO READ THIS NEXT PART IF YOU COUNT CALORIES, I INCLUDED THIS AS ACCOUNTABILITY TO ONLY HAVE 1 PIECE  OR EVEN SHARE A PIECE

Nutritional Information 

Amount Per Serving  Calories: 553 YIKES | Total Fat: 20.5g | Cholesterol: 45mg

You could use reduced fat and low fat milk, sour cream, and graham cracker crust, not sure how many calories that would save you.

Image source     Recipe Source 

2 comments:

  1. This pie sounds delicious and dangerous at the same time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm literally obsessed with "allrecipes.com". lol.Seriously though.

    ReplyDelete