We are hosting a dinner meeting at our home tonight, food is being catered so I offered to do homemade dessert. I wanted to find a good summer dessert and thought of Key Lime Pie. We are having BBQ for dinner, I thought that would be refreshing afterwards. I found a recipe on Allrecipes that was super easy and had great reviews. While making it I discovered the sweet pleasing flavor of sweetened condensed milk. I recently read a recipe on Pioneer Woman for iced coffee that called for Sweetened condensed milk and I wonder how that could be good in coffee, that was my ignorance speaking. I made up the filling and literally licked the mixing bowl dry. I probably didn't even need to wash it, except my germs were all over it. I plan on making this at our beach vacation later this month with my family. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 3 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup key lime juice (I found this in the juice isle)
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and lime rind. Mix well and pour into graham cracker crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes, until tiny pinhole bubbles burst on the surface of pie. DO NOT BROWN! Chill pie thoroughly before serving. Garnish with lime slices and whipped cream if desired.
WARNING - YOU DO NOT WANT TO READ THIS NEXT PART IF YOU COUNT CALORIES, I INCLUDED THIS AS ACCOUNTABILITY TO ONLY HAVE 1 PIECE OR EVEN SHARE A PIECE553 YIKES | Total Fat: 20.5g | Cholesterol: 45mg
You could use reduced fat and low fat milk, sour cream, and graham cracker crust, not sure how many calories that would save you.
Image source Recipe Source