We are hosting a dinner meeting at our home tonight, food is being catered so I offered to do homemade dessert. I wanted to find a good summer dessert and thought of Key Lime Pie. We are having BBQ for dinner, I thought that would be refreshing afterwards. I found a recipe on Allrecipes that was super easy and had great reviews. While making it I discovered the sweet pleasing flavor of sweetened condensed milk. I recently read a recipe on Pioneer Woman for iced coffee that called for Sweetened condensed milk and I wonder how that could be good in coffee, that was my ignorance speaking. I made up the filling and literally licked the mixing bowl dry. I probably didn't even need to wash it, except my germs were all over it. I plan on making this at our beach vacation later this month with my family. Hope you enjoy!
Ingredients
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 3 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup key lime juice (I found this in the juice isle)
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and lime rind. Mix well and pour into graham cracker crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes, until tiny pinhole bubbles burst on the surface of pie. DO NOT BROWN! Chill pie thoroughly before serving. Garnish with lime slices and whipped cream if desired.
WARNING - YOU DO NOT WANT TO READ THIS NEXT PART IF YOU COUNT CALORIES, I INCLUDED THIS AS ACCOUNTABILITY TO ONLY HAVE 1 PIECE OR EVEN SHARE A PIECE
Nutritional Information
Amount Per Serving Calories: 553 YIKES | Total Fat: 20.5g | Cholesterol: 45mgYou could use reduced fat and low fat milk, sour cream, and graham cracker crust, not sure how many calories that would save you.
Image source Recipe Source

This pie sounds delicious and dangerous at the same time!! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm literally obsessed with "allrecipes.com". lol.Seriously though.
ReplyDelete