Tracking

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

?????Boy or Girl?????

The time has come to share the gender of our new baby brewing in my belly.

Let's start by saying that Steve and I both guessed boy, we had an early ultrasound and there definitely was something protruding between the legs.

Here is a video of Payton revealing the gender

(you only need to watch 1 minute of video, if you don't want to watch it, just skip down the page and see the pics)







 (scroll down)
 -
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
 




















GIRL!

The story for those who care and for my memory.

At 12 weeks there really was something "protruding" but the tech told us that girls can protrude too. I really wasn't convinced that a girl could protrude that much (there was a stick between the legs)! Once again I am reminded that I really know nothing about medical things, leave that to the professionals.

So we really had boy on our minds, we had boy names, I was planning Colton's big boy room for the BOYS. We decided we didn't want to just find out in the sonogram room (how we had with the previous 2) so we had the tech put it in an envelope. We really didn't know what we were going to do next. I thought about gender reveal party, but Steve wanted it more intimate, which I appreciate. Hil, next door, gladly received the envelope from us and made 2 cakes to cut in to (one for Steve and me and one for the kids). 

Last Friday morning we went and got the cakes, left the kids at the neighbors house for a bit and Steve and I cut into the first cake. 

We.were.shocked.

We really thought boy, it took a couple minutes to set in, we really had to change our mindset, but we are thrilled to be adding another girl to the family. 

We then let the kids cut into the cake and Payton is beyond thrilled to have a sister. She has been saying this whole pregnancy that she wants a sister. 

I was actually nervous going into my appointment as I was almost 19 weeks and hadn't felt movement. With our recent miscarriage, of course my mind went to the worst. We are so grateful for a little healthy girl growing in me.

So we have no names for girls, but I will say that I love a reason to redecorate a room, so the nursery will have a few changes. Steve is already praying for wisdom on how to make 2 little girls the center of his world. 

Some come February, Team Southards will have more girls then boys. 

1 comment: