Tracking

Monday, September 17, 2012

She Showed Up

In February I wrote THIS post about my opinions of McDonald's, but more importantly about following the prompting of God's spirit to speak to an outspoken Atheist at McDonald's playplace.  I just went back and read the post myself, and it almost brought me to tears. 

The condensed version for those who don't want to read the whole previous post (which I completely understand) is that I was at McDonalds and the kids were playing the pla place. I was sick and really didn't want to be there. I overheard 2 women's conversation. One was a Atheist and one was a Christian who was doing a great job discussing topics with the Atheist. I felt God prompting me to share my story with the Atheist. I fought it, I don't like those conversations (really any conversation with someone who wants to debate Christianity). 

Finally I had to either share my story or leave the place and know I was disobedient, so I shared about our miscarriage and my brush with death and God's sovereignty in it all. Long story short (since this was supposed to be the condensed version) I invited her to church and really expected her to show up. 

That was 6-and-half months ago. I would think about her time-to-time as I drove past McDonalds and would say a prayer for her.

TODAY SHE WAS AT CHURCH!!!!!!!

Actually she has been at church for a month, I just spotted her for the first time today.

After church, most everyone was gone (pastor's family is one of the last to leave) and my kids were running around with some older kids. The mom walked by on her way out and said something about Buster being so cute. I said thanks, then took a look at her and knew she looked familiar. Which could have been because she was at church, and I recognize a lot of faces.

Then it hit me, it was Tabitha (the Atheist) from McDonalds.

I said, "Didn't I meet you at McDonalds and isn't your name Tabitha?" 

She was floored that I remembered her name. I don't think she recognized me until I said something. Sure enough, she has been attending The Creek for a month. Her kids love Sunday School and she says the sermon's have a really good message about Love. She likes that we serve our community (ICCC does do a great job, loving and serving our community around us.) Her husband and all 4 kids were there. I was just floored.

I introduced her to Steve and she said she knows it is a big deal for an Atheist, then she corrected her self and said an Agnostic like herself to be in church, but she really felt at home here. 

Ladies and gentlemen she is working her way down the list and I believe soon enough she will understand the love God has for her and will see herself as God sees her, a Child of His! Once she does, I know her life will be forever changed and her family's life will be completely different. 

So there we have it, Tabitha showed up after almost 6 months. This just encourages me to follow the leading of the Spirit and trust God with the results. Many times we will never see the results of our obedience, but I am so grateful that I get to watch this journey.

2 comments:

  1. Erin, thank you so much for sharing. I love hearing stories like that - after obey God. WOW- so neat! I'll be praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is in those moments of instant obedience that God is glorified so amazingly. Very happy for you Erin that God gave you this moment of fruition in seeing His seed that you planted grow!

    - Heather M.
    www.40YearWanderer.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete