Tracking

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Far from Family

I love visits with my family. Living so far, is hard at times. Mom and Dad visited for a long weekend and we took them to my in-laws lake house. It is one of our favorite places to go and we loved sharing it with my parents.


Grandpa taking Paypay for a paddle boat ride



My dad really wanted to visit a cave while we were at the lake. It was his birthday weekend, so he got to choose. Ironically Steve has driven by the sign to this cave his whole life going to the lake and this was the first time he had ever gone in it. Even though we initially were humoring dad, it really was a cool place. 





As I was saying good to my parents, I felt that if I wanted to I could let myself cry. I love where we live, I just have wished I could live by my family (not half-way across the country).

As I was driving home from the airport, I had a thought. Maybe a comforting thought. I do wish I lived near my parents. I see so many of my friends with family close who are not only able to help with kids, but also have family fun time together. It hit me though, if my family lived here, we would not have time to invest in others. I know friends with family, are torn between family and friends. Steve and I feel called to invest in others. We love connecting people to God and other believers to grow with. I know if my family lived here, I would want to spend a lot of time with them, instead we are here alone, with time for others. I trust God for Kingdom impact and I believe that we have more time and availability being so far from family. So somehow that was comforting to me. It is comforting to know you are in the will of God and we feel that is where we are right now. Even if it means being 1300 miles from my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment