Tracking

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Salmon Avocado Salad


We had an amazing meal the other night. I wasn't in the mood to cook, didn't feel like we had much in the house, but knew Steve wouldn't want to eat out, so while running errands, I was stuck behind a train and started browsing All Recipes an application I have on my phone. I knew I had an avocado to use up, so I started there. Needless to say, when I found this recipe, I was super excited to make it. I was very pleased with the results. Steve enjoyed it well enough, this is more my type of meal than his. We did have Alaskan Salmon that was used for the recipe from our friend John who went fishing out there but his family doesn't eat it. It could be made healthier, but the butter flavor on those mushrooms was so yummy.  I highly recommend this meal!!

I made some Raspberry Limeade to go with it. Simply had Limeade made that I added some frozen raspberrys to and let sit for a bit before the meal.

Salmon Avocado Salad

Ingredients

  • 2 (6 ounce) fillets salmon
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted and divided
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
  • 12 grape tomatoes, halved
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
  • 8 ounces leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
  • 1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and cubed
  • 5 sprigs fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
  • 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the salmon on the foil, and brush with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Season with salt and pepper. Broil 15 minutes, until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
  2. Melt the remaining butter in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the mushrooms until tender.
  3. Place the tomatoes in a bowl, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
  4. In a large bowl, toss together the salmon, mushrooms, tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, cilantro, and jalapeno. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and the vinegar. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with feta cheese to serve.
Erin!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds very good! I understand what you mean about it being more of a girl meal, I think Spencer would wonder where the rest of his dinner was if I tried to just feed him a salad :-)

    ReplyDelete