Tracking

Thursday, August 4, 2011

My piece of Heaven on Earth

While in Florida, Steve and I got to have a date day to good ole' Lake Wales where I went to college. We started out eating at one of the best local BBQ restaurants you will find. I had many meals (mostly because it was one of the few good restaurants in town) and many wonderful conversations at this place. It is completely a hole in the wall, but I love that almost 10 years later, the same servers are there and you run in to people that you know. 



After lunch and cruising around my college, we headed to Bok Towers which is my Heaven on Earth. This is one of the most beautiful places in Florida. In college, I would spend hours alone on a blanket under the huge trees and Spanish moss, soaking up quality time with the Lord. It is one of the most peaceful places for me.


Florida does not have mountains, it barely has hills, but this point is the highest point in peninsula Florida. 

Oh the Spanish Moss!

The walkways are amazing, so is that hot guy who jumped in the picture :)

I couldn't get over the lily pads, and the scrumptious man too

I am so blessed to have him as my life partner and lover

Another view from the top

This is the actual Tower built in the early 1900's
Steve and I had a great day, enjoying each other and nature without the kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment