Tracking

Monday, August 15, 2011

Patience

I have realized that I have so much more patience for my children when I am not focused on doing "other" things, whether it be housework, projects, computer stuff. Whatever it is that I want to do with my time, I get frustrated when they are, well, being kids. 


When I put my schedule aside, sit and focus solely on them, it is amazing how much more I receive...


Patience...


Laughs.....


Memories...


Enjoyment...


I want to be better about fully paying attention to my children. I know they are only little once. I so love the stage we are in. It has it's challenging times (like when the 2.5 year-old is having a fit about something and the 8 month old is screaming about something else), but there are so many times that I am just tickled to be a mom and have the kids that I do. I love watching Payton's mind develop, and watching Colton explore the world around them.  I am so blessed!


On a different note, Payton get's a new class at school tomorrow. Since she started at an odd time of year, they put her in the older class so she wouldn't have a lot of change in a short time. The director of the school said developmentally she could easily have gone up with her friends, but they decided to keep her down for a few reasons, one big one being her boyfriend E-man. Yes ladies and gentlemen, E-man and Payton will be together in class 3 days a week.


We do so many social things with the Zimmers, they could end acting more like brother and sister.


Fighting, kicking, screaming....


and loving on each other :)

Taken this Easter when P still had her cast


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Payton and E-man...a love story in the making!! I so appreciate the reminder to be patient. I understand exactly what you're saying (not applicable in my life to kids, but in other areas)!

    ReplyDelete