Tracking

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A day of firsts

Yesterday I had a day of firsts

- had my first surgical procedure

- had my baby's dead body taken out of body

- was totally knocked out with drugs

- recovered with no nausea or cramping!

- bled through more than 6 outfits

- dr called me back to check blood loss

- fainted in his office

- earned my first ambulance ride

- ended up in the ER for the first time

- had people rushing all around me trying to figure me out

- watched my husband with helpless concern written all over his face

- earned a night in the ICU because I had lost so much blood due a few things wrong in my body that prevented my blood from clotting

- night away from kids, but less sleep (so much for having to figure out day off as a mom)

- nurses in my room almost very 15 min all night long

- more bags of junk injected into my body that I have ever experienced before

Good news is today is another day, praying my levels come back to normal so I can go home and get some rest

Laying tied down in a hospital isn't quite my idea of rest :)

Thank you to our friends and family who jumped on last night as we had to rush out, dad for leaving his meetings and other friends who came over for a bit so dad could come visit my in the hospital. Thanks to my girlfriend who works at this hospital and stopped by to sit for me for a bit.

God has taken care of so many details on our behalf and protected me through it all.

God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I can't believe all that you have been through. Praying today brings you recovery and a release from the hospital. You are so blessed to have a wonderful support system of friends to help you in a moments notice. Please keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying praying praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, you've been through so much yet your attitude remains so positive. God is good, every day and I'm so thankful that you have the amazing support system that you do. We have been and will continue to be, praying for your recovery! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We continue to pray for you and your family. May you begin the process of healing not only your body but your heart as well. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin, just reading this latest update, after reading your previous post last night. We're so sorry for your loss this week and so, SO grateful that the Lord has been with you thru every step of this process. Bart and I will continue to pray for you and Steve as you heal. We're here, if there's anything we can do to help. Just say the word.

    Sending all our love...
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Continuing to pray for healing and rest for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin and Steve, John and I are so very sorry for your loss and for all you've been through! We have been praying for your healing, God's strength and peace that only comes from Him. I hope you are able to go home soon and get some rest!
    Love ya,
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erin, I'm so sorry you had to go through this. I wish I could have done more for you and Steve. You are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete