Tracking

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

2 heartbeats ???????

Yesterday was visit number 2 to the doctor. Since we had just had the ultrasound and this would be a quick one, I went solo. I wasn't sure exactly what he was going to do, I just knew that since I wasn't as far as I had originally thought, the Dr. wanted to see me one more time before we went to monthly appointments.

So after the peeing in the cup and stepping on the scale to see the results of me having to eat constantly to help with nausea, I headed to the room for the Dr.

I really do like my new Dr. He came in and asked if I had questions, which I had a few and he kindly listened and answered, then he said he was going to listen to the heart beat, here is how that went

Dr: pulls out whatever that heartbeat machine is called and puts on the cold jelly and starts listening for heartbeat.

Dr: takes awhile as he listens for the heartbeat and makes a face

Me: starting to get a little worried, the heartbeat I hear is slow and I remember Payton being fast

Dr: I am having a little difficulty because I hear 2 HEARTBEATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me: I believe at this moment my heart stopped. (in my head) I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST KNEW WE WERE HAVING TWINS!!!!!!! In those few seconds before another word was spoken my whole world was turned upside down

Me: I question the Dr, "2?????"

Dr: Yes, your heartbeat and the babies

Me: My heart started beating again and I sighed a huge sigh of relief

After we got that straightened up, I was a little more relaxed. I couldn't help but want Steve to experience what I did. So later in the evening when I saw him, I told him we found out some interesting news today at the doctor. He asked me what it was and I told him I would tell him once he sat down (we were heading inside a restaurant to eat). He immediately sat down on the chair outside and I told him the doctor heard 2 heartbeats today. PAUSE............ I let it sink in then said one was mine. He face was priceless!!!!!

All that to say I am glad there is 1 healthy baby growing inside my belly!

3 comments:

  1. I had to read this twice in order to read it correctly! lol I thought you were having twins!! Oh wow you would have had your hands full!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I totally thought it was twins when I read the title of your post. So happy you have a healthy baby in there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I thought there were twins, too ~ you got me :) I'm glad the baby is healthy (and there's only one!)!!

    ReplyDelete