Tracking

Monday, October 24, 2011

How about them boots!

I promise I will not blog every time I get an amazing deal on something. I had a POST last month about some CHEAP clothes that I got, we are talking good clothes for $1, $2, $3.

I am not sure if I am more excited about the last deal or this one. I have been saving money for about 2 months (watching a few extra kiddos) so I could buy some nice, real leather riding boots. I had planned on spending about $250 for them. I had found some decently cute ones (and really cheap $) from Target that had been returned from an online purchase, but Steve helped encourage me to get ones that will last for years that I really like.


Saturday Mom and I stopped by Nordstrom Rack (which just opened less than a month ago here in KC) to check out their boot selection before heading to the full price stores. I found these boots, the style was exactly what I wanted, but I wasn't sure about the color. They were a little more worn than I had originally thought I wanted. When I saw the price tag, I decided that they were definitely worth getting because I might find that I like the color when I see my other choices. Retail $220 for $99, that sounds great to me. Here is where the story get's exciting (at least for those of us who enjoy a great deal). As I was checking out, I pull the the big $ bill to pay for these, I look at the register to see the exact final price and I see $32.85. The cashier couldn't believe it and said she had to give me that price, but wanted to check it again just for her curiosity. Long story short, mom went back and got the pair in her size that she had seen and we were talking with the manager as we stood in line and she said that they must have missed a markdown. So mom and I both walked out with a pair of 100% leather, adorable riding boots for under $35!


(Sister wanted to show off her boots that are 1 size too big that she insists on wearing since mommy is wearing boots).

9 comments:

  1. I posted a comment (from my phone) on your GREAT hair, but doesn't look like it happened (I checked because my phone was giving me problems!). So, now I'm hear to say, "Beautiful hair and fabulous boots." I think I need to go to the Rack soon! Hugs to you all.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much do I *love* Nordstrom Rack? I have gigantic feet (11/12) and that is one of the few places I can consistently find cute shoes in my size for good prices! Unfortunately, I have to go to the Mall of America to get them, and I hate the MOA! However, the good deals usually win me over. Congrats-- wish I could find some cute boots, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, that is def blog worthy girl!! I can't believe you got them for that cheap, unbelieveable!! GO YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great deal and SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good gravy, Girl! Those are adorable and only $33?!?! Unbelievable! I love a great deal.....especially a cute one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you checked the rack first. That is awesome she now you have your extra work money for something else fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I immediately saw these boots in your later posts and was going to tell you how cute they were, then I saw this post and now I'm just plain JEALOUS!!! :) I'm a major boot lover & wearer but all of mine are pretty cheap, even though I like to think they LOOK expensive. :) So a deliciously worn looking, genuine leather, $200 pair for $35?? Yeah, I'm drooling. :)

    ReplyDelete