Tracking

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Finishing up Florida

We have made it back to KS. Payton and I arrived home Saturday evening to a husband/daddy who was more than glad to receive us. I believe Payton was done with her mommy time because in the airport, as Steve was holding her and I went in to kiss him, she pushed me away, twice! It was almost comical.

Here are some pictures finishing up the trip



Mom was going to help me with learn to sew more. I had the idea to take the shirt and fabric above and make them into a dress. Before I left for FL, a wonderful lady in our church named Debbie came over and we did a dress from a pattern. That was a lot of work. I believe that I will enjoy more the creative outlet, of taking something existing, and adding to it. I had an image in my mind and mom made it a reality. I was supposed to watch her do it, but the only day we had to work on it was the day the sun was shining and warm, so I laid out and came in and got updates. So this was all mom's work.



I was so excited how it turned out. I wanted the ruffles, and mom added the ribbon and buttons as well. Payton has a dress made by her Mimi just for her!



Wednesday I visited with high school friends. Katie and I ran CC and track together all through out high school. She was one of my closest friends from high school and I so enjoy every time we get together. Her little guy Andrew is about to turn 2, and so adorable. Katie and I got the kids to bed and went out and had some yummy sushi.



Jessica is one of my oldest friends, in terms we have been friends since she moved to Florida in 6th grade. We played soccer together for years and we went to the same church growing up. I cherish our friendship, her parents came over as well so I loved catching up with them too. Both Katie and Jess were bridesmaids in our wedding!



Thursday we went to visit Jordan, Jaime and the kids in Melbourne. It was cool, but we still had to make it to the beach. Payton did not like the sand. This made me so sad. She was crying every time I tried to put her down. I am hoping this improves, as this summer we are spending a week at the beach.



Overall, a great time with family and friends, glad to go, but glad to come home as well!

2 comments:

  1. I've gotten fairly good at figuring out how to make all that stuff from old stuff or even basic things without a pattern. If you ever want a sewing party, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is adorable! Glad you had a great visit. Also, your hubby deserves an award for the 7 days of gifts. That is the sweetest thing ever. :-)

    ReplyDelete