Tracking

Monday, August 23, 2010

Gender Day ...

Well today we find out Boy or Girl. For some reason I am more anxious with this ultrasound that I was with Payton. This morning in my quiet time I reflected on God's word in Psalms.

Passage Psalm 139:13-16:
   13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
      and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
   14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
      Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
   15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
      as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
   16 You saw me before I was born.
      Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
   Every moment was laid out
      before a single day had passed.

How precious life is. Everyone single one of us was created for a purpose, God knows our story before it even happens.  Being a follower of Christ I have such peace either way the gender goes. I believe God to know the greater story, He knows the life that is being formed inside of me, and He knows the story that will be written with this life. He knows how His kingdom can be impacted by this new life.  I have such peace, knowing He is in control and He is forming this baby for His purpose. I have my desires, but I trust the one who knows all!

It is a cliche that people often say, "we don't care the gender either way, we just want a healthy child." That line has been more real to me recently. My friend shared a few stories about women who found out at their ultrasound that the precious little lives inside of them would not survive after birth. I wept reading some of these women's blogs recently and it made me so thankful for healthy babies. I am grateful that we even can have babies, and get pregnant as easily as we do. So many dear friends struggle with infertility and I can not comprehend their pain.  If that is you, I do not understand why you are in the situation you are in, I just pray that you can turn to Christ with your questions and pain, only He understands the whole story and can bring peace to your lives. I do not believe I have blind faith, but I believe that God's knows the big picture, we get so caught up in what we are going through in the moment that we don't understand the greater story, I believe God is a good God that has your heart and desires in mind, He loves you and wants joy, peace, and satisfaction for your life. 

So today, we go to the doctor, they will tell us just a glimpse about our new baby. God has the story written out. I pray this baby be a dangerous threat against the gates of Hell. I pray this baby's life be used by God for His glory. I pray that God allows me wisdom as a parent to train this child up, then let this child go. God thank you for life, for every new life!



Erin!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I am excited for you and steve.. Seeking God in all things! AMAZING!!! Bless you on this exciting Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin I love this. That last paragraph gave me chills. I pray that too for Clara so often. That it is lights out for her when it comes to Jesus. That her heart just passionately seeks her Christ each and every day no matter the cost. That people literally see Jesus in every aspect of her life.

    I am so excited for you and Steve and your new baby and I am praying that He just blesses your family so so sooo much with the new addition.

    P.S. Dave's mom said Clara and Payton had alot of fun on Sunday! I missed it all at Gardner.
    :( Oh well...next week maybe. :)

    ReplyDelete