Tracking

Monday, January 31, 2011

Forgetfulness

I am going to blame it on lack of sleep, I have under 4 hours of sleep the last 4 nights, that is not sustainable. Little man is still having so much gas, it is painful for him ( I am going to my last resort and cutting out all dairy from my diet, I feel like I have tried everything else with no avail).  Sleep is essential for functioning. That has been the hardest part. I have built up somewhat of a tolerance against his screaming and crying, but the lack of sleep gets me. I have only had a handful of nights that I have had at least 5 hours of sleep over the last 6 weeks.  It is affecting me so much, my patience, my emotions and my brain!

After Bible study this morning I wanted to run in the grocery quickly to get a few essentials before our winter storm hit tonight.  It is already so yucky here, freezing rain/mist and icy ground. I ran into the grocery store with both kiddos, got my items and checked out. At the check out the lady asked me if I wanted to pick up my groceries at their "grocery pick-up" so I could get the kids in the car safely and quickly. I have seen the sign for the service, just haven't utilized it before, so I thought today would be a good day for it.

I headed back out in the nastiness with both kids in tow, got them both loaded up and ..... headed home. Yup, that's right drove home. That is the normal after you get in the car, you head home. I drove the 10 minutes home, to the front of my neighborhood before something triggered inside of me, "I FORGOT TO PICK UP MY GROCERIES!" I had to laugh so hard at myself, who forgets their food.

The story get's better. I turn around and head back to Hen House to get my groceries. I call my mom so we can laugh together about my forgetfulness.  As I pull back up to the grocery store, I find the appropriate place to pull up to get my groceries, and I look inside to see the manager standing by my cart.  I take one glance and realize I KNOW THIS GUY! I don't really know that many people here. It is rare to be out in public and see someone I recognize. This gentleman goes to our church and used to be an elder. He laughed when he saw me and couldn't stop laughing the whole time we loaded my groceries. He said he couldn't wait to tell Steve this story.  I asked him, "please tell me people do this often?" to which he replied (while laughing) "I'll just tell you they do." I did explain to him that I am functioning on minimal sleep and this has affected my actions and reasoning. I got in the car and laughed most of the way home.

So today is the day I forgot my groceries. I hope you can all laugh with me.

Erin!

5 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better I have paid for fast food and when they gave me my card back started to drive off without my order :-) nothing to blame it on either hang in Erin! This too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the laugh! What a nice service to offer, especially in the nasty weather you are having! I will seriously be praying for you and Colton....that you get quality sleep and that the quantity would increase!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, sweet friend! I love this story. I kept thinking, "Oh no! She's gonna forget the groceries again because she ran into someone she know and will be too busy chatting!!!" Glad you only had to turn around once. Love to all of you. Little Man is so precious. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forget things all the time, and I have nothing like your excuse. Like the person above, I have driven off without my fast food... I think my favorite was going to a music competition without my instrument. That was special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats Hilarious!! I can't say that I have forgot my groceries but I have gone to the store to get one thing and forgot to get that one thing. So I go back to the store and forget to get it once again. All you can do is laugh.. pretty funny. So sorry about the gassy baby...wish I had advice for you, I never had issues like that. You are strong..i know you will get through this. With all things it will pass.

    ReplyDelete