Tracking

Monday, January 10, 2011

MIA

 I have been MIA in life in general. Since having Colton 3.5 weeks ago we have had family visiting, Christmas, gone visiting family, New Years, Payton had the flu, I got the flu and now I have a husband who resembles the leaning tower of Pisa.  It is snowing like crazy outside and full of chaos inside. Steve hurt his back very badly last Thursday. He has a bad back (herniated discs and other things) and something didn't sit well with his workout on Thursday. Has has gotten worse and his body is leaning, literally his top half leans.  He is gone to the Chiro a few times this weekend and is getting an MRI done right now.  Please pray for wisdom to know what needs to be done and ultimately for healing.

Needless to say, I have been pulled many directions. With a newborn who by nature is demanding, a 2 year-old that is very vocal about her demands, and now a 28 year-old who is trying not to be demanding but can't do much for himself (I have to help him get dressed he is so bad off).  I told Steve that everyone's physical needs will be met in our house this week from me, but that is about it.

My life in pictures:

Trying to find things to do indoors for the little one, she has watched more movies in the last few days then she has in her lifetime

Food, clean diaper and a little loving is about all I can give him right now

It looks worse in person, if you look at his waist he is leaning towards his right

My house a complete mess, still trying to put Christmas away but can't seem to get more than a few minutes at a time to work on it.

This is the mess outside, thanks to Brad and Spencer from church who came and blew off our driveway this morning. We also had a sweet neighbor Amy who had shoveled half of it earlier in the morning

My sanity time, a few minutes drinking a hot drink, I imagine I am either in the mountains listening to the woods or on the beach, warm and listening to the waves. Using mental imagery for my sanity :)




There are so many people who have been such a help. Thanks to my MIL who came over for a quick trip on Sunday to help and a special thank you to everyone who has brought us meals. That has been a huge blessing, I know my family will at least get one meal each day :)  This too shall pass. 
Erin!

7 comments:

  1. I feel your pain Erin... I am indoors a lot right now too with a 3.5 weeker, a 2 year old and a 3 year old.. My house is a mess too, laundry keeps building up, and I can't keep up. But all we can do is take one day at a time, and do the best we can each day. Your babies are beautiful, love your blog, make me laugh..:)
    Valerie Hall (Benz)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you all lots of love and positive thoughts! Hopefully everything will get back to normal soon, whatever normal is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we still lived in the city close to you guys so I could come over and help (or atleast watch Payton) so you could have some time to get other things done! We will be praying for Steve's recovery...hope the dr's can figure it all out. Hang in there girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. poor you and Steve! He is definitely leaning! Hopefully nothing serious! Wish I lived closer to come snuggle the baby or Keep Payton entertained so you could have some "me" time! Love you girl! It will get better I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope doctors can help Steve and don't worry about the Christmas decorations. It's probably driving you crazy, but they WILL get put away at some point and life will get easier. Hope you all stay warm in all that snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey lady...you have yet to tell me when I can come take Payton for an adventure so you can get some stuff done (or spend some time with your leaning tower of Pisa...)

    Call me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well if it makes you feel any better, I still have my Christmas stuff up, have made no attempts yet at taking it down, and I don't have a 2 year old, a newborn, or a broken husband;) so there's that....Hope you're doing well. Matt's catching up with Steve right now, lol.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete