Tracking

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Thank you

I want to thank those of you who reached out to me after my emotional post yesterday. I am so touched and encouraged by your words.  I am surrounded by such great people, I am well aware of it. Thank you to each of you for your authentic words. Just to mention a few of you that have touched me. (There are so many more people that support and love me, these are just a few of my real life and blog friends). The nicknames are from me and link to their respective blogs.

Thanks to Lindsay (Mrs. I have 3 boys under 3 and I sneeze and my kids are born)   She is my companion walking this journey together as her 3rd little guy was born 5 days before Colton. She understands the hormones and stresses. She also happened to move her whole house by herself the few weeks after having her son. We both want to seem like we have it all together, but are seeking to be honest with ourselves, we do need help at times. Funny story was we talked a day last week when we both "had to get out of the house" and both found ourselves at Target looking at Christmas clearance (without knowing the other one had done the same thing).

Thanks to Alina (Ms. Creative on a dime) who threatened me that if I don't take her up on her offer for help, she will hunt me down

Thanks to Carrie Beth (Mrs. I  have the 2 cutest girls that always match in adorable outfits) for opening up about how hard it was for her at first with 2 little ones as well. She has 2 of the cutest little girls and I am sure at their current age (almost 2 and almost 4) there are different challenges then at first, but thanks for the encouragement that it gets better.

Thanks to Sara (Mrs. I know how to talk about good food and cute little boys) for reminding me that this is a season. She called me when her little guy was about this age trying to figure out how to get him to sleep more, how to get him on a schedule, how to do things right. I remember telling her this phase will pass and he will get on a schedule and you won't go crazy. She can now dish that right back to me.

Thanks to Amy (Mrs. I understand what it is like to live far from family) who I know gets the difficulties of having little kiddos (she is almost due with her 2nd) and living far from families. Ironically, she is from KS and lives a few miles from my family in Orlando as I live a few miles from her family here in Olathe.

Thanks to all my neighbors who have already helped and have offered help with watching kids and bringing meals. Thanks to my MOPS friends who have brought some yummy food.

Thank you to all the others who sent encouraging words as well.  I could go on with so many more names, know that your comments are so touching to me and some made me laugh and some made me cry. 

This will pass, I will sleep again, my hormones will right themselves, my children won't have to go to counseling when they are older because I let one of them cry why I took care of the other, I will have date night with my husband again, and I will have time to curl my hair one day and look like a real human being again. 

They are both worth it :)





Erin!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Erin, I died laughing at your name for Linds. How true of her however. There will come a day when all those memories are so distant of sleepless nights and wondering how you will balance the new routine of two kids. I have been thinking about you since reading your post yesterday. Praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious Erin,

    Since I do not see you often, I silently watch from afar as an older woman of the church who traveled the same season and now is embracing a different season. I love your heart Erin. Your children are beautiful. There are challenges for sure but there will be many extraordinary moments of joy and wonder on journey that will amaze you.

    For now just know that you are loved by many and that there are women like me who see, understand, and just pray. Oh - one more thing -sleep when you can. The household stuff can wait.

    Blessings to you,

    Nancy Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
  3. No thanks needed! I just wanted to let you know you aren't alone. I also wanted to tell you some advice someone told me when I was feeling like you are now. They said that years from now when your kids are teenagers you will have all the time in the world to yourself, but you will be longing for the days when they are little again. It's a good reminder to enjoy each day while they are small because it does pass so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin you have a very large group of people who love you and who are there for you! It's okay not to have it all together all the time! Hormones are a necessary evil.... at least in my experience!:) This to shall pass!
    Love you-
    Brandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin,
    I struggled for a LONG time with postpartum depression and I eventually won the battle, with much help from Jesus and the medical profession :) I only have one child, but I know the hormones and the sensitivity and the crying. You are in my prayers, and have been for a while. I hope you are doing well these days!

    ReplyDelete