Tracking

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

30 before Thirty follow-up

I am officially 30! I really have to say that I am almost giddy about turning 30, actually I am stoked. So many people dread the day, not me, I really have been looking forward to starting life in the 30's.

I was thinking about it about I have completed 1/3 of my life (the women in my family tend to live into their 90's). 0-30 was great, but I believe this next 1/3 that I am entering will be my best. 30-60, I can't even imagine how many wonderful things will happen during that time. Sure there will be heartache as well, this is life and we do live on planet earth, our suffering will not end until we meet our maker, but I get so excited about the next 30 year's

gain wisdom and experience
experience the Lord's work in me and through me
grow in my marriage
learn more about myself and how God sees me
more kids
kids growing up
kids moving out
kids getting married
kids having kids

I want to thank everyone for the sweet birthday wishes. Steve is gone doing this


So my sweet girlfriends took care of me with a nice dinner to Bonefish


My sweet friend Jessica spoiled me with a pedicure.  Nevermind we had 5 kids under 4 screaming their heads off while we were doing this, not as quiet at the spa, but wonderful nonetheless.


Sister was watching me get dressed and proceeded to get her wedge heals, jacket and purse and told me she was ready to go to dinner with the big girls. I told her it was for my birthday and she said she had a birthday too so she should be able to go.


I had a girlfriend come over for lunch yesterday and another girlfriend take me to breakfast today. I am so thankful for the wonderful ladies in my life.

So some have asked, how have you done on your 30 before Thirty goals. Well I got about half done, I am very gracious with myself, so would like to complete most of them before 30 is over (before my next birthday). I often break the rules that I make :) The highlighted ones are the ones I have accomplished. If you care, I have notes listed below

30 before Thirty

1. Sub-5 min mile
2. Sew something for myself
3. Use an electric saw to make something
4. Gourmet picnic with Steve
5. Play a soccer game
6. Paint an "artistic" piece
7. Return to pre-baby weight 125
8. Go to a museum
9. Watch a play/musical
10. Go through a home tour
11. Stay at a B&B
12. Learn how to use camera on manual
13. Huge purge of every room/cabinet/closet/basement
14. Organize and paint laundry room
15. Paint a decorate 1/2 bath
16. Have an adorable family picture taken
17. Clean out clothes and start philosophy of buying less quantity and more quality
18. Make wedding photo book
19. Reread Redeeming Love
20. Write a letter to each immediate family member
21. Reupholster chair
22. Make sushi
23. Memorize 24 scriptures
24. Financially support/give to 2 new sources (people/mission/org)
25. Start "ladies at the creek"
26. Intentionally following through with God promptings to encourage/love on/challenge others
27. Vacation with just Steve
28. Do a Daniel fast with Steve
29. Take piano lessons
30. Learn to curl my hair the way I like it



30 before Thirty

1. Sub-5 min mile - this one probably won't happen, I am ok with that
2. Sew something for myself - I started a few projects and never completed them
3. Use an electric saw to make something - never found something I wanted to make, still will do this
4. Gourmet picnic with Steve
5. Play a soccer game - have spoken to a few people about a league
6. Paint an "artistic" piece
7. Return to pre-baby weight 125  I gave myself grace here, I got to 127 before I got pregnant again
8. Go to a museum
9. Watch a play/musical
10. Go through a home tour - want to find a home tour for older homes
11. Stay at a B&B
12. Learn how to use camera on manual - I have decided I might not do this either, automatic has worked well for me :)
13. Huge purge of every room/cabinet/closet/basement
14. Organize and paint laundry room - never posted pictures because this room seems to stay a mess
15. Paint a decorate 1/2 bath
16. Have an adorable family picture taken
17. Clean out clothes and start philosophy of buying less quantity and more quality
18. Make wedding photo book
19. Reread Redeeming Love
20. Write a letter to each immediate family member
21. Reupholster chair - just found fabric and style I want about 3 weeks ago, one of my next projects
22. Make sushi - I have a girlfriend going to help me with this, just need to get a date
23. Memorize 24 scriptures - memorizing scriptures from James this year
24. Financially support/give to 2 new sources (people/mission/org)
25. Start "ladies at the creek"
26. Intentionally following through with God promptings to encourage/love on/challenge others
27. Vacation with just Steve
28. Do a Daniel fast with Steve
29. Take piano lessons - I have a girlfriend ready to give me lessons, again just need to get on calendar
30. Learn to curl my hair the way I like it
Erin!

No comments:

Post a Comment