Tracking

Monday, February 6, 2012

So glad to be #2



Yesterday we started a new series at church called "I still do." This week was about priorities in marriage. The big takeaway was the God needs to be the #1 and your spouse #2. I would bet that most struggling marriages do not have God as the top priority.

The statistics are stacked against thriving, loving, enduring marriages. I want to defy statistics. 

Steve challenged the guys and he allowed me to speak to the women (via video) about how to make God #1 and then your spouse #2.

I would say one of the biggest competition for priorities for women is time and children. Many women are all pulled so thin, over-committed, over-taxed, and feel under appreciated. As a family we have learned to say No to many great things, to allow us the time as a family.

It saddens me as well, when women make children their top priority. Children are important, but not everything. The best gift you can give your kids is an example of a living and breathing relationship with Christ, and a healthy, growing, loving marriage that lasts.

Check out the link below to watch the sermon online.

http://www.indiancreek.org/I-Still-Do/priorities.html

By no means do Steve and I have this marriage thing figured out. We are on a journey, but we are passionate about that journey. We read books, go to conferences, get away the two of us. I actually love that I am Steve's #2 and not #1. That takes a lot of pressure off me. I know I will fail him, I will not live up to all his expectations, but I have peace knowing that the one he relies the most on will never fail him, He (Christ) is perfect and I don't have to be.

2 comments:

  1. "I actually love that I am Steve's #2 and not #1. That takes a lot of pressure off me. I know I will fail him, I will not live up to all his expectations, but I have peace knowing that the one he relies the most on will never fail him, He (Christ) is perfect and I don't have to be."

    I Love that! Thanks for Sharing Erin! It does take the pressure off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. My husband and I will disappoint one another, but God never will. And marriage is the foundation of the family. If it crumbles, the whole family falls apart.

    ReplyDelete