Tracking

Sunday, February 19, 2012

A little more lovin

I have been asked for my sugar cookies recipe. I make these for many holidays as they are easy cut-out chewy sugar cookies. The recipe is from my mom. I made over 10 dozen for the father/daughter dance.



Extra Chewy Sugar Cookies

1 C shortening (I use butter)
1 C sugar
 2 eggs beaten
2 t vanilla
1 C sour cream
5 C flour
2 t bk powder
1 1/4 t salt
1 t bk soda

1. Cream shortening and sugar
2. Add eggs and vanilla to sour cream
3. Sift together flour, bk powder, salt and soda
4. Add flour and liquid alternating to shortening and sugar mixture
5. Chill thoroughly
6. Roll out 1/4 in thick and cut with cookie cutters (you can do whatever thickness you prefer, the thicker you make them the chewier they are)
7. Bake 350 degrees 7-8 min
8. Do not over bake, leave only slightly brown

Frosting

1 stick margarine/butter
1 T water
1 t vanilla
3 C powdered sugar
1 T milk

Combine and add food coloring if desired


I also forgot to mention about sister's first valentine. Her boyfriend E-man stopped by on Valentines Evening with a rose in hand. It was so cute watching him walk in the door to give it to her.




Erin!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! What a lucky little girl to already have someone bringing her flowers. :-) Those pictures of them are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe! Love the pictures of Ethan and Payton! So Cute!

    ReplyDelete