Last week I had my follow-up doctors appointment and it looks like my iron and blood are back to good. I got the thumbs up from the doctor to resume life as normal.
The most exciting thing about that is I was cleared to exercise again. Back to my early morning boot camp with my ladies. I am so thankful for other women who like to get up way before the sun and and meet to work out. My days seem more productive when I add a couple hours to the morning that are full of exercise and quiet time. I notice a different attitude towards most everything that comes my way.
Sunday I even went for a run. It was only a couple miles but I really haven't run consistently since moving to KC 4 years ago. Before then, it was my primary source of exercise. I love my boot camp with my ladies (I have seen better results from incorporating weights into my regime) but I miss the road. I started running at 14 years old, and it is part of me. It is therapy. I run alone.
The doctor said to wait 2 months until we try to get pregnant again. If history repeats itself, getting pregnant hasn't been a problem. This is the first time in almost 4 years that I haven't had a child growing in my body, or sucking milk from it. I might just take time for myself, for my body to just be. I am looking for a road race to sign up for (I am much more diligent about training when a race is on the calendar). So we will probably wait 6 months or so. I do know though that I am not in control. That was a great reminder with our recent happenings.
So we will see, see what the next few months have in store. I don't want to try to plan everything out, but I want to be as healthy as possible before we get pregnant again. Somehow I weigh more now than I did pregnant. It might be that I abruptly stopped breastfeeding, that my body is thrown off, who knows. I am not going to stress too much, just watch what I put in my body and take care of it. I am thankful for a healthy body, I am thankful for life. Yesterday morning at Bible Study I surprised myself with getting emotional when sharing with the ladies my gratitude for God's goodness, His mercy, His grace, His hand over my life. I don't tend towards tears often, but it is good for the soul to be grateful to the point of emotion, my God is so good!

Good stuff and good news Erin. Something you and I have in common...not being easily brought to tears. Something you and I now share...tears come much more easily after what we've been through. We have so much to be thankful for and a God that loves us so much - that brings me to tears every time I praise His Great Name.
ReplyDelete