Tracking

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Back at it


Last week I had my follow-up doctors appointment and it looks like my iron and blood are back to good. I got the thumbs up from the doctor to resume life as normal. 

The most exciting thing about that is I was cleared to exercise again. Back to my early morning boot camp with my ladies. I am so thankful for other women who like to get up way before the sun and and meet to work out. My days seem more productive when I add a couple hours to the morning that are full of exercise and quiet time. I notice a different attitude towards most everything that comes my way. 
Sunday I even went for a run. It was only a couple miles but I really haven't run consistently since moving to KC 4 years ago. Before then, it was my primary source of exercise. I love my boot camp with my ladies (I have seen better results from incorporating weights into my regime) but I miss the road. I started running at 14 years old, and it is part of me. It is therapy. I run alone.

The doctor said to wait 2 months until we try to get pregnant again. If history repeats itself, getting pregnant hasn't been a problem. This is the first time in almost 4 years that I haven't had a child growing in my body, or sucking milk from it. I might just take time for myself, for my body to just be. I am looking for a road race to sign up for (I am much more diligent about training when a race is on the calendar). So we will probably wait 6 months or so. I do know though that I am not in control. That was a great reminder with our recent happenings. 

So we will see, see what the next few months have in store. I don't want to try to plan everything out, but I want to be as healthy as possible before we get pregnant again. Somehow I weigh more now than I did pregnant. It might be that I abruptly stopped breastfeeding, that my body is thrown off, who knows. I am not going to stress too much, just watch what I put in my body and take care of it. I am thankful for a healthy body, I am thankful for life. Yesterday morning at Bible Study I surprised myself with getting emotional when sharing with the ladies my gratitude for God's goodness, His mercy, His grace, His hand over my life. I don't tend towards tears often, but it is good for the soul to be grateful to the point of emotion, my God is so good!

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff and good news Erin. Something you and I have in common...not being easily brought to tears. Something you and I now share...tears come much more easily after what we've been through. We have so much to be thankful for and a God that loves us so much - that brings me to tears every time I praise His Great Name.

    ReplyDelete